Prevencia will be here for you if you need to claim on your home insurance because of flooding. But it's wise to be prepared and know in advance what you should do if you are faced with the phenomenon of flash-floods. Here are some timely reminders that we hope you won't need to call upon.
Your security comes first!
Inside your property:
- If you are about to be flooded, leave external doors accessible and open so that emergency services can get to you.
- Switch off your electric and gas supplies.
- Don't stay downstairs unless you know that your property is never at risk of groundwater flooding.
- Keep your eye on local events with the help of your mobile phone or a radio.
Outside your property:
- Stay away from fast-moving water.
- If you have no alternative but to evacuate your property, seek shelter nearby, on the highest reasonable ground.
- Don't drive or walk near zones that are even lightly flooded (as floodwaters can rise quickly).
- Don't try to collect your children from school as they will be in the company of responsible adults and will be the first priority of rescuers).
Remember the emergency numbers
- 18 = pompiers
- 15 = SAMU
- 112 = European emergency service (more information here)
The information provided here is for general guidance. The exact details of your policy will define your legal and contractual obligations. What is written there will take precedence over what is written here.
Ces informations sont données à titre indicatif. Pour connaître précisément vos obligations légales ou contractuelles en relation avec votre contrat d’assurance, veuillez vous référer aux conditions générales et particulières de votre contrat.